Backend Software Engineer - Multiplayer Game Services
Remote / Virtual
Senior Software Engineer (C++) - Frostbite Animation & Cinematics
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a leader on the Animation and Cinematics team, reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager. You will solve challenging animation problems. And you will work with other Frostbite technical leaders in solving challenges across teams
• You will design a new character authoring system using the Entity Component System architecture
• You will help design a new scene editor used for authoring game contents
• You will implement highly performant runtime code
• You will contribute to the architecture and design discussions on projects our team works on
• You will solve tough animation challenges
• You will help grow the team and mentor/manage junior engineers
• Passion for solving challenging animation system problems
• Experience with complex codebase
• 7+ years of professional experience including C++ and C# tool development
• Foundation in animation concepts
• Foundation in software architecture design
• Knowledge or experience in game engine development
• Experience developing real-time animation
• Passion for video games
• People management experience
Why join us?
• Your work will have an impact across all of EA.
• Work with leading-edge technology and create high-quality solutions.
• Work with multiple game teams across multiple genres.
• Work with industry leaders and other top-tier people.
• Good work/life balance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g349yn-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.