Senior Software Developer (Engine)
Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to do their best work is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on open-world action-adventure games and pioneering next generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to craft unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to generate incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Senior Engine Software Developer.
As a systems engineer working on the core game engine, you will be working on technologies that are the fundamental building blocks of our games. You'll work on low-level technologies that span a huge number of domains. There are many opportunities available for learning and gaining unique expertise. You will be a part of daily interactions with many of the most experienced engineers on the team to help solve some of our most engaging problems, you will work on the latest gaming hardware, manage low-level libraries, and you will be part of a team that is passionate about pushing our technologies forward.
• Design and implement complex low-level systems.
• Provide architectural guidance, technical direction and oversight for complex systems level feature sets.
• Work with the wider EA engineering team to determine strategic direction for systems level technology.
• Collaborate with team leadership to build roadmaps.
• Help improve the tools, technical processes and best practices for the team. Help in improving team productivity, code quality and sustainable development.
• Be a mentor to help develop the team.
• Implement automated tests.
• Support others using our core technologies.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• High level of proficiency with modern C++
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience.
• Profiling and optimization experience
• Understand memory management and multiple processor use.
• Experience using source control systems on code bases with a large number of active developers.
• 7+ years of professional software development experience
Nice to Have
• Experience in game engine development
• Experience in game console development
• Standard C++ library, concurrency
• C# for scripting or .NET/WPF development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d299p7-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.