FROSTBITE SENIOR SOFTWARE ARCHITECT (CLOUD)
We are looking for a talented senior software architect to join the Frostbite architecture team.
Frostbite is a platform for game development within EA and is used by key franchises such as Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age, Need for Speed, Plants vs Zombies and many more. Our powerful runtime and workflows are highly configurable and cover all aspects of development including Audio, Animation, Cinematics, Scripting, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Destruction, Rendering, Visual Effects, and more.
Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create games with our proprietary Engine. They need a powerful set of tools, a super-efficient runtime and a rich set of innovative features that is underpinned by an extensible and configurable architecture.
You will be part of the architecture team that works with all areas of the passionate and skilled Frostbite team. You will be working to ensure that software that we build meets the needs of our current games as well as being ready to meet the challenges of the future.
As a Senior Software Architect (Cloud), you will
• Maintain an Architecture Runway for Frostbite in support of new features and capabilities
• Participate in the definition, architecture and planning of Frostbite objectives and initiatives including design, dependencies, ROI, etc.
• Work with stakeholders to evolve the architecture of Frostbite to meet future needs
• Ensure Frostbite has appropriate, living architecture documentation
• Establish and facilitate the use of appropriate design patterns and principles
• Improve the architecture and design skills on the Frostbite team
• Establish and evaluate critical non-functional requirements across the product
• Ensure the architecture supports agile processes and continuous delivery
• Collect, generate and analyze innovative ideas and technologies to use across the business
• Drive alignment and awareness of architecture and design across Frostbite
• Drive changes to the architecture of Frostbite to take better advantage Cloud technologies
• Create proofs of concept of new ways that Frostbite can leverage the Cloud
• Driven to improve the way games are made by defining and transforming the architecture of Frostbite
• Inspired to work with, learn from and coach others in a super smart team
• Looking to learn and grow both the breadth and depth of your expertise
• Passionate about improving architecture to positively impact developers and users
• Motivated to empower and grow the architecture skills of the engineering team
• Deeply invested in keeping architecture and design grounded in solving existing problems and improving the codebase
• An advocate for agile working practices and empowering decisions at the lowest possible level
• Passionate about simple and effective designs that are easy to maintain and intuitive to use
• A degree in computer science or equivalent
• Strong programming skills (including C-like languages)
• Deep experience of architecture and development of SaaS at scale
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Strong practical understanding of software architecture principles and design patterns
• Strong ability to influence the work of a large, distributed team
• Significant experience developing and transforming architecture in an agile environment
It would also be advantageous if you have
• Experience of architecture in:
• Large scale resource limited systems (such as games or virtual environments)
• Application software acting on complex data sets (such as Game editors or CAD)
• Worked in large scale agile environments (such as SAFe)
• Games industry experience
• Built, maintained and supported software libraries, tools or features used by others
• Used code refactoring tools at scale
• Worked on systems that include Rendering and/or GPGPU work
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1byoe-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.