Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be eye catching wraps for cars in Need for Speed or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Principal Engineer that will shape the technology that powers creation. If you have experience directly architecting and developing moderation pipelines, attribution systems, search capabilities all at the scale of user generated content through modern techniques such as machine learning we want to hear from you.
At EA the person in this role would be an expert consultant working in a hands-on capacity with game development and platform teams to ensure our systems meet the scalability, security, compliance and functional requirements of player facing content creation.
Candidates with direct experience building systems that uphold privacy, security and government regulations are preferred. As will candidates who have shipped gaming creation platforms or games with significant creation capabilities. Experience in parallel industries like social media companies is also welcome.
Lastly an in-depth understanding of key licensable technologies within the user creation space is paramount. We want to leverage technology from companies that are leading the industry and also ones that are utilizing unique technology to offer new capabilities.
• Experience building and deploying highly scalable services on AWS/GCP/Azure
• Ability to architect highly componentized systems
• Experience in designing robust API contracts
• Experience using commercial game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal) is a plus
• Experience with Game Industry 1st Party Compliance, GDPR & COPPA
• Experience with using modern/popular backend languages and tools (e.g. Java/Typescript/Kotlin/Python/Springboot)
Nice to Have
• Monetization infrastructure
• Moderation and enforcement
• Entitlement and attribution experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d892m9-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.