Our acclaimed Birmingham studio, the talent behind the award-winning official Formula 1 game franchise, are currently looking for a Senior Development QA Tester to join them as they continue to evolve the series in exciting and meaningful ways.
Working in a highly experienced and supportive development quality assurance team that have helped ship multiple titles, you will be working directly with the F1 development team, actively testing the game during all phases of development in what is a highly visible and varied role. You'll be aiding the development of projects within the studio by maintaining a stable code base and investigating and reporting issues to the dev team, in addition to assessing the suitability of builds for our relevant customers.
Amongst other things, you can expect to:
• Test our games to agreed schedules
• Be the owner of features during development of an F1 game, this includes attending meetings and providing user experience and qualitative feedback
• Act as a key point of contact for the status of features and issues associated with them
• Maintain knowledge of which bugs are priorities for the different deadlines and groups
• Assist in the evaluation of milestone deliverables against documented requirements
• Keep builds free of progress blockers
• Make minor code and data changes to fix broken builds
• Report any bugs discovered on the bug tracking database and regress issues as they are addressed by the development team
• Investigate bugs using debugging tools, finding what change introduced a bug and working with developers to investigate and resolve issues
• Test code changes before they're submitted to ensure stability during development
• Merge changes between streams to create stable builds
• Test internal and external releases
• Lead sub projects such as betas, demos or builds for external partners as required
Here's what you'll need:
• Good standard of general education i.e. 5 GCSE grades including English and Mathematics or equivalent
• Previous experience of complete development cycles from pre alpha to post launch support
• Familiar working with Jira and MS Office suite
• Good understanding of Perforce and Visual Studio
• Excellent communication, time-management and organisational skills
• Attention to detail, planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Enthusiasm for games
• Knowledge of gaming hardware, genres and features
In return you will receive:
• Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
• Annual bonus scheme
• Private health and dental plans for you and your family
• Enhanced pension scheme
• Dedicated training time for self-improvement
• 10 free games each year
• Incredible peer community in a worldwide games company
• State of the art studio, facilities and much more!
We are open to a diverse team and would welcome applications from under-represented demographics. We are a supportive and inclusive culture always looking to widen our representation and reach. This is including but not limited to diversity of; - gender; gender identification; physical ability; orientation; neurological spectrum; cultural experience; ethnicity. We hope that by making this explicit we can encourage people who identify in any way who may not otherwise have applied.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn83zo-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.