Senior Product Manager, Desktop Client
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs include: EA Play, our cross-platform subscription service on Origin, EA Desktop, PS4, Xbox One and Steam: Origin, EA's gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
Now that we've ushered in a new era, releasing the EA Desktop beta in late 2020, we need your help to envision and build a bold new future of what it means to game on a desktop. The team is looking for an experienced product manager comfortable with overseeing cross-team products and formulating strategies that tie everything together into a customer-centric experience that works well. This specific role requires the ability to align partners on a product vision. You'll work with a dedicated team of partners, positively affecting the culture and roadmap across an entire organization.
Joining this team means you'll be part of EAX and instrumental to shaping EA's subscription services now spanning multiple platforms; build consumer experiences that power EA's games and promoting more personalized, socially connected, and smooth experiences; and expand our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that ''we see farther'', and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
• Can positively affect others across multiple company organizations
• Have experience in or driving a data-driven culture
• Enjoy working with engineers and designers daily
• Know how to motivate and energize your teams
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of creativity and vision, while being able to hone done a tactical roadmap of must-have product features
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 5+ years of product management experience or an equivalent combination of skills
• Familiar with writing product briefs
• Technical experience to relate and foster relationships with engineers
• Security and fraud working knowledge
• Data instrumentation and telemetry expertise
• Experience working with data analysts to report and create insights for a team
• Years of results working with research and customer insights teams
• General enthusiasm for gaming desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends
In a typical week, this role could…
• Dive into the details of a player-facing bug or feedback to fuel a product roadmap
• Mentor other product managers on best practices to be successful
• Write high-level strategy docs that will be used for planning and delivering outstanding products
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.