We are looking for a Motion Capture Technician to join EA's Create Capture team, working out of its LA motion and performance capture facility. As a member of the team you will be directly responsible for supporting various game development teams with the creation of animation content. In this role you will support the integration of motion data by using EA proprietary technologies to maintain the highest quality animation possible. Successful candidates will work closely with the animation teams in both post production, and on the live performance stage.
Ideally, you will have...
• 5+ years experience as a Mocap technician.
• Proficiency with motion capture data cleanup and implementation.
• 2+ years experience with Motion Analysis hardware/software.
• 3+ years of on-set experience in live performance industry (mocap preferred.)
• Experience working with performers/models.
• 5+ years' experience Maya and Motion Builder.
• Experience working on at least one shipped AAA game title.
• Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to adjust priorities when necessary.
• Familiar with other motion capture hardware/software.
• Scripting knowledge.
• Familiar with 3d scanning and photogrammetry.
• Pleasant and professional nature.
• Great communication skills.
• Exceptional time and task management.
What you will do...
• Data Post Processing (tracking / solving/retargeting.)
• Support on-set mocap team with shoot prep, recording sessions, and post wrap.
• Suiting up actors for mocap acquisition session.
• Set up/manage real-time viewers and assets.
• Monitor video reference and/or Helmet Mounted Camera (HMC) feeds.
• Light prop building/fabrication.
• Quality control on post processes.
• Set up/create mocap skeletons used for solving/retargeting.
• Review and provide feedback on project streamlining.
• Foster positive working relationships, teamwork, and communication within the production teams.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry-leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing, and virtual cinematography.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmz7vv-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.