Software Engineer - Game Development Workflows
Remote / Virtual
Senior Manager, Innovation Labs Engineering, Worldwide Customer Experience
The Senior Manager, Innovation Labs Engineering for WWCE's core R&D team and executes the technology research strategy key to improving customer experience. This role leads our internal prototyping team to experiment with new technology and build Proof-of-Concepts (POCs). This Sr. Manager harnesses their technology acumen to influence business strategy and product roadmaps critical to the player experience both within WWCE and across EA.
This role works with multiple teams across EA including WWCE, EADP, EAIT, EA Security, and game studio teams. They build relationships with large external partners such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, as well as smaller technology startups with high potential solutions relevant to gaming and player experience. They are responsible for managing and developing a team of prototypers to deliver innovative solutions.
• Manage rapid prototyping and agile software development projects
• Directly manage the Innovation Labs engineer(s)
• Identify, test, and assess emerging technologies relevant to customer experience
• Manage Innovation Labs tech infrastructure
• Work closely with pilot and research managers to provide technical leadership and documentation for active Innovation Labs tests
• Partner with other technology organizations including WWCE Product Management, EAIT Player Experience, EA Digital Platform to ensure alignment and awareness of active technology tests
• Perform architecture, design and code reviews
• Advocate clean code and clean architecture principles in software development
• Ensure documentation with proper technical specifications
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science fields
• 5+ years of experience as an engineer and 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
• High level of creativity and curiosity
• Experience designing and developing proof of concepts and prototypes
• Full stack programming skills (Java, Python, NodeJs, React)
• Experience building scalable products on the cloud (AWS knowledge a big benefit)
• Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge with Docker & Kubernetes, Gitlab CI/CD & Jenkins
• Experience working in Agile development methodologies
• Experience working in a distributed global team
• Salesforce (Lightning & Visualforce) knowledge is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnpnbk-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.