Senior Finance Manager, Controllership (General Ledger Accounting)
(Based in Hyderabad, India)
The CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines, with the common goal of partnering with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. Our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by proving financial insight, reporting and guidance.
We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks, and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Hyderabad Controllership (General Ledger Accounting) is part of a CFO organization and supports the worldwide controllership organization as well as full responsibility for the India entity accounting with current team
Key Objectives of the Role (approx. 30% time in India entity accounting and 70% in Global Controllership support
India Entity Accounting
• Should have hands on experience in preparing and reviewing Indian GAAP Financials, able to apply accounting standards and interpret new accounting guidelines issued. Able to understand the key US GAAP accounting treatment and able to perform necessary adjustments in the books.
• Annual Budgeting & Actual Reporting – support India business units, department finance business partners & support functions with annual budgeting exercise, budget versus actual reporting and analysis.
• Should have demonstrated experience in preparing the India GAAP and US GAAP P&L and balance sheet walkthroughs with detailed analysis of variance along with the commentary. Participate in regular balance sheet reviews with corporate and regional controllers
• Ensure adherence to global policies issued by corporate controller on purchasing, accounts payable, travel & entertainment expenses, corporate cards. Ensure business partners follow processes and procedures that are in line with policies, accounting standards.
Lead the GL Team and ensure all the deliverables are meeting the KPIs. Work closely with the Regional Controllers in reviewing the KPIs and implementing additional matrices as required.
• Acts as Subject Matter Expert of [end to end] process]. Has a thorough understanding of global processes
• Identify alignment opportunities within the processes and drive efficiencies, identify process improvement and implement in the process.
• Review the High-Risk reconciliations and ensure that the reconciliation health is within the EA Reconciliation Guidelines/Policy
• Participate and actively contribute to the Global Alignment Projects and other Projects/Initiatives.
Technical Skills & Requirements
• Qualified Indian Chartered Accountant or US Certified Public Accountant
• The desired candidate for this role must have a minimum of 15 years' experience in finance and accounting department of an India based subsidiary of US product or services MNC with at least 10 years of people management experience
• Good knowledge of India & US GAAP, local auditing, tax, statutory & legal requirements.
• Hands on experience in technical accounting areas like leases, revenue accounting in addition to regular General ledger activities
• Project managing skills for bigger transitions in Controllership (accounting) from Business units to Shared services
• Working knowledge of Oracle R12. Hyperion Financial Management, MS Office applications.
• Outgoing personality with excellent verbal & written English communication skills, commitment to achieving results.
• Willingness to be flexible with working hours given the global nature of EA's business
Position reports to the Director, Finance Shared Services also based in Hyderabad, India
Key Success Factors
• Strong communication and business partnering skills.
• Strong business acumen and understanding of functional linkages; ability to understand business issues and translate into solutions
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Strong results orientation and bias to action. Healthy impatience for change. Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop
• Self-starter with the enthusiasm to challenge the status quo and drive change
• Ability to converse with all levels of management. Adept at building relationships across organizations
• Ability to lead a highly diverse and performing team
• This role is a senior role in the Hyderabad Finance team and hence the candidate would be expected to lead in key initiatives relating to the Shared services including and not restricted to the professional development of the finance team, setting up the BCP process, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d890wm-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.