The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games.
The EADP Social Platform Team's mission is to promote social capabilities within our games. We believe that people want to experience and play games with others, and that games are more fun when experienced as part of a team. We want to incentivize users to engage socially and create a sense of community.
What you will do:
Reporting to a Senior Manager Engineering, you will get to build our new cross-game, cross-platform and always on Social platform. This large-scale, collections of RESTful services will power the Social relationships, interactions of EA's network of games and capturing information to be experienced by tens of millions of monthly active users. You'll build platform capabilities handling several hundred-thousand requests per second You will also work with a team of engineers to build the software design and architecture of our new systems. You will be a promoter for best practices within the engineering team.
• Roughly 60% of your time will be spent coding.
• Create and work on large-scale distributed HTTP/TCP/GRPC-based backend service creating new features and updating existing ones
• Resolve defects during QA testing, pre-production, production and from the live environment
• Design portions of the software from features to entire applications
• Grow and guide fellow engineers
• Occasional off-hours support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding
• A passion for working in platforms that supports gaming
• 8+ years' experience developing object-oriented software (Java)
• 4+ years' experience working on online services (HTTP with REST) at internet consumer scale
• Experience working on high traffic services and scalable systems
• Can explain technical issues to varied audiences
• Experience with the Software design/architecture process
• Experience with source control systems like git or others.
• Experience with DevOps, Delivery, and Agile development
• Experience building on Amazon Web Services
• Experience leading OSS technologies – Kafka, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Docker, and Kubernetes
• Experience with Bamboo / Maven / Java 8/ RxJava/Akka
• Domain experience promoting social services in other games or other departments (e.g. building chat systems, activity feeds, and other core social feature areas)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8vv5-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.