Senior Gameplay Designer (Hardware)
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director in Los Angeles. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
• Inspire and mentor gameplay designers to develop strong, well-balanced hardware designs, implemented to the highest quality.
• Proactively communicate with stakeholders on the status and issues that affect gameplay design
• Incorporate feedback from research, playtest data, and community feedback to develop a great experience for many types of players
• Experience driving a culture of knowledge-sharing and documentation
• Provide and solicit feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with an interest in improving psychological safety on the team
• Be accountable for the project quality targets as well as the results achieved
• Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
• Shipped at least one AAA game as a gameplay designer, or at least 3 years of experience designing gameplay systems within multiplayer or co-op titles, FPS experience preferred
• At least 1 year of experience in a role with leadership responsibility
• Experience designing or implementing weapons and vehicles
• Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages and engines like Frostbite or Unreal.
• Value documentation and healthy communication
• Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
• Engineering background
• Interest in military hardware and history
• Experience with statistics or analytics
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze1wq-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.