Senior Game Designer (Engagement)
We are DICE, the award-winning studio with locations in Stockholm and Gothenburg, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
We are now part of a set of global studios building a connected Battlefield universe, developing Battlefield's one-of-a-kind multiplayer suite, while also building a team to support our new Seattle-based studio, Ridgeline Games, who are leading the development of a single-player narrative campaign. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and are always looking for diverse game creators to join us in Stockholm, Gothenburg, or working remotely, to help us build the best Battlefield experiences and make our studio the best in the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer with a focus on System Design within Progression-related systems. We need a person to our team that can solve complex problems but also be a great leader that helps the team on a daily basis to reach their full potential. Someone that likes to lead by example and set best practices.
• Assist Design Director with driving the long-term vision for Meta on Battlefield, encompassing Progression, Social, Front End, and Economy features, with the intent of addressing new opportunities and growing the audience
• Drive the day-to-day within the studio to ensure that the meta systems meet the needs of all aspects of the game, and are aligned to create a consistent, compelling, and high-quality gameplay experience for players
• Own the design and implementation of rewards, assignments and progression using the Frostbite engine. Focusing on best practices and good processes.
• Align and collaborate with other disciplines (engineering, UX, UI) to ensure that the design and implementation is within scope and to quality
• Be the design owner of more complex features, while giving growth opportunities to the engagement designers you lead
• Support and grow your team through mentorship, training, and writing documentation
Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
• Senior/Lead Designer role on at least one shipped AAA game, or live service experience
• 5+ years of experience within Game Design with the ability to lead a small team and clearly communicate design ideas and vision.
• Strong proven expertise working with game design tools using Visual Scripting
• Understanding of current trends in gaming, and in particular engagement mechanics in the shooter genre
• Experience with the player, playstyle and personas
• Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful feedback processes
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2e6oy-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.