Location: Austin, Edmonton with remote work possibility
Pogo is looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer with a passion for casual/mobile games. Come join us to build exceptional experiences across a variety of game genres all supported by the robust Pogo platform.
Pogo has been the leader for online casual games since 1998. We are the best online casual games destination where players can enjoy titles across multiple genres including Solitaire, Mahjong, Match 3, and others. Our experienced global team provides high-quality HTML5 games across the top casual genres, which support increasingly sophisticated metagames and social interactions. Pogo's fans and subscribers come to Pogo for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, new games, and a live service that delivers!
About this Position
You'll work with a tight-knit team of enthusiastic industry professionals from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to create fresh takes on classic games, creating original mechanics for previous remasters, and creating new experiences for a casual audience on web and mobile. You will also mentor other designers and review the work of other creatives. You are passionate about and have experience working in areas including systems, events, economy, and multi-player design. You will report directly to the Lead Producer and have a high level of interaction with other leads and team members. This role is open to remote work.
• Partner with Lead and Product Owners to shape and implement Pogo's long-term vision.
• Prioritize design solutions dynamically, based on product and team needs.
• Lead the design of new games and meta systems.
• Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision.
• Work with multiple teams to integrate your designs.
• Adapt to technical and production constraints and participate in finding solutions to improve features.
• Design flexible economy systems and features (such as progression and reward structures, currencies, sinks & sources ) aligned with the creative, game, and product directions.
• Implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression gathering feedback and adjusting design accordingly
• Author new content and review the work of others.
• Create fun and accessible systems that lead to high engagement.
• Articulate design choices regarding the player experience and motivations.
• Remain current on design trends.
• 9+ years of design experience, with shipped games in casual/mobile.
• Experience with freemium/F2P design, including MTX and social features.
• Experience with gameplay mechanics and systems.
• Affinity for the casual gaming audience.
• Individual contributor with the potential and willingness to manage a small design team
• Evidence of work in an agile environment, creating alignment on live service deliverables.
• A structured and granular approach to design and authoring.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Readiness to work with a globally distributed development team
• Knowledge of the game industry, trends, competition, platforms, and market.
• A passion for creating amazing casual games and experiences!
What's in it for you?
A creative environment, engaging work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks. Plus, the chance to shape the gaming habits and lifestyles of everyone you know – not just the gamers in your family, but all types of players. At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xeyv-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.