Senior Financial Analyst, Studios
Los Angeles, CA
We're EA-the world's leading video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team provides strategic and financial partnership to EA's Leadership team. We achieve this through engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to guide EA's performance.
This Senior Finance / FP&A Manager will lead business support for our EA Studios' Los Angeles teams including Respawn Entertainment and DICE LA, and you will report to the Senior Director of Finance, EA Studios.
What You'll Do:
You will partner with the SVP, Group General Manager of EA Studios Los Angeles and leadership teams to lead across all financial elements associated with the delivery of LA's strategy.
• Provide strategic advice and partnership to all studios and executive leadership
• Lead the financial planning process, including the long-range, annual, and quarterly planning cycles
• Establish and track performance measurements across all major titles and projects
• Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to support our partners
• Guidance on core finance processes, building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
Major Functions & Related Activities:
• Align with P&L owners on specific funding proposals
• Partner with leadership to set and manage budgets across all projects and titles
• Provide decision support to leadership on investment and project decisions
• Provide regular financial visibility with regards to Outlook, Risk and Opportunities
• Manage new IP / Greenlight incubation process
• Lead ad-hoc projects to improve processes and performance
• Improve internal finance workflows
• Anticipate risks and partner with the leadership to identify trade-offs to de-risk and maintain financial goals
• Balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
• Manage the EA Studios LA FP&A team, both onshore and offshore
• Attract and mentor a team that provides insight and value to their partners
• Influence, motivate and collaborate with your partners and team
• Create a center of excellence and implement best practices, processes, and standards
Experiences / Capabilities:
• 8 or more years' experience in mid-level to senior finance roles
• Resolve complex business issues, ability to move beyond reporting to synthesis and insight
• Preference for experience working in game development and mobile
• In-depth knowledge of financial planning and analysis
• Experience evaluating performance metrics and implementing action plans
• Experience using tools, processes, and teamwork to work at scale
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills:
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting and analysis
• Proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
• Excellent MS excel (can perform complex functions) and PowerPoint expertise,
• Knowledge in Hyperion Essbase and Oracle
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.