We're EA-the world's leading video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA's CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines. Our common goal is partnership with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. All of our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by providing financial insight, reporting and guidance.
We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
This Sr. Finance Manager will lead business support for our EA Tiburon team supporting our Madden, College Football, and new IP titles. Additionally, this role will assist the overall consolidated reporting, quarterly targets, and submission process for American Football. You will report to the Director of Finance, EA SPORTS.
What You'll Do:
You will partner with senior leaders across EA SPORTS including our SVP/General Manager, Head of Operations, and VP/Executive Producer across our Orlando studio, and their leadership teams to lead across all financial elements associated with the delivery of EA SPORTS' strategy.
• Provide strategic advice and partnership to all studios and executive leadership
• Manage the holistic health of the franchises, including full P&L responsibility
• Lead the financial planning process, including the long-range, annual, and quarterly planning cycles
• In partnership with the studio and analytics team, manage and oversee net bookings forecasts for live services titles
• Establish and track performance measurements across all major titles and projects
• Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to support our partners
• Guidance on core finance processes, building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
Major Functions & Related Activities
• Align with P&L owners on specific funding proposals
• Partner with leadership to set and manage budgets across all projects and titles
• Provide decision support to leadership on investment and project decisions
• Provide regular financial visibility with regards to Outlook, Risk and Opportunities
• Anticipate risks and partner with the leadership to identify trade-offs to de-risk and maintain financial goals
• Prepare, hold, and present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material
• Balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
• Build relationships with partners across commercial, marketing, and corporate functions and actively collaborate to work towards meeting financial and business objectives
• Guide, influence, and supervise other American Football FPA team members
• Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
Drive FP&A Excellence
• Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
• Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions
• Provide guidance on financial processes, building efficiencies, and streamlining deliverables
• Design and implement reporting tools
Who You Are:
• Highly-motivated, passionate self-starter
• Excellent interpersonal skills are a requirement for this role
• Strong overall communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
• Creative problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to balance multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
• A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
• Strong business acumen
• Passion or preference for working in game development
• Resolve complex business issues, ability to move beyond reporting to synthesis and insight
• Experience using tools, processes, and teamwork to work at scale
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in mid to senior level finance roles
• Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
• Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
• Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, knowledge in Anaplan, Power BI, Tableau and Oracle preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n6bz-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.