Codemasters continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in racing game experiences. Whether it's our best-selling Official Formula 1 series or the award-winning off-road arcade racer, Dirt 5, we are always looking for ways to excite and immerse our players. We're currently looking for a Senior Experience Designer to help create future amazing user experiences.
The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail, are great problem solvers and have a passion for User Interface design and experiences. The candidate will be responsible for helping create and drive the core backbone and pillars of a User Experience along with creating aesthetically pleasing User Interfaces that raise the quality bar in Design, Art and Animation for AAA Game Development. The ideal UI Artist will help lay the foundations of UI Design and implementation requirements, ensuring consistency and cohesiveness throughout the User Experience.
We are pushing the boundaries of the User Interface experience and are not afraid to try new revolutionary things, that we believe will set the standard in game development for years to come!
Ideal candidates therefore should have an exemplary history having made aesthetically-pleasing and contemporary user interfaces on the latest console platforms. We would like to see your portfolio of work.
Here's what you'll get to do:
• Day-to-day tasks will be working with the Lead Principle Experience Designer, Senior Experience Designer, other core members of the UI / UX team, Code and Design to establish and maintain core UI documents, concepts and implementation
• You will be responsible for core concept and implementation requirements and ensuring assets are of shippable AAA quality using our in-house GUI tool
• Ensure the highest quality implementation is adhered to within Codemasters / Slightly Mad Studios standards. Implementation must be easily read and easily maintained, ensuring good quality of life
• You must be a great team player and have the ability to work closely and communicate with key developers throughout our development process
To be considered for this role you will need:
• Excellent Visual Design skills with a keen eye for Graphic Design, Typography, Motion Graphics and Iconography
• Excellent communication, time-management & organisational skills
• Excellent understanding of UI design
• Excellent understanding of implementing exemplary User Interfaces
• A proven track record of User Interface experience
• At least a full lifecycle shipped AAA game
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up to date with the latest UI design trends
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and any industry standard UI implementation tools. (The candidate will be using our own in-house bespoke interface implementation tool)
It would be great if you have:
• Proficiency in Adobe PremierPro
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
We can offer you an exceptional benefits package including a competitive salary, annual bonus scheme, enhanced pension plan, private health care and dental plans for you and your family, 10 free games per year and much more!
We look forward to hearing from you and how you can make us even better.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx6m9-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.