EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Building massive environments, populating them with buildings, roads, trees and props - the Worlds team has the ultimate goal of creating fun, interactive and exciting worlds for our players to experience.
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will work with both internal and external teams of the Worlds/Environments domain, to achieve diverse and engaging worlds and gameplay levels for our players. You will collaborate closely with Art Direction and Stadium Leads, to help develop both the visual and gameplay experiences – according to the goals of each.
• Creating high-quality benchmark content, from individual assets to entire levels, sets, or stadiums/arenas.
• Set dress locations, conveying depth and storytelling in the way assets are composed – going beyond the immediate needs of game design.
• Deconstruct concept art, reference imagery, and style guides into efficient asset lists, considering opportunities for reuse and modular construction.
• Work with a team of environment artists to provide direction, give feedback, and help troubleshoot issues, while also collaborating with other domains such as lighting and VFX to drive features and production.
• Explore, recommend, and implement new techniques, tools, and workflows, that improve quality and efficiency.
• Maintain team best practices.
• 5 or more years of production experience with asset creation and overseeing entire levels.
• You have expert knowledge of Maya or similar 3D modeling software.
• Exceptional asset creation abilities (hard surface, architecture and/or organic assets).
• Experienced working methodically, from initial grey-block through to final assets, iterating with low-fidelity content to determine the optimal approach, before building final assets.
• A strong sense of proportion, scene composition, and lighting.
• Well versed in assessing scope, making recommendations, providing solid estimates, and delivering on time and to quality.
• Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g., Unreal, Frostbite, Unity).
• Experience collaborating with designers, engineers, and tech artists to evolve workflows, pipelines, and to problem-solve.
• High fidelity modeling skills, along with ability to paint photorealistic surfaces using industry-standard physically based 3D paint software (ideally Substance Painter).
• Experience with photogrammetry, ZBrush and Substance Designer is a plus.
• Experience working with outsource vendors is a plus.
• Examples of assets that were created/owned from start to finish.
• Sets, assets, and environments that demonstrate an understanding of composition, architectural construction, material properties, and organic wear and tear.
• Examples of high fidelity modelled assets, painted using 3D paint software, e.g., Substance Painter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjnj62-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.