Core Software Engineer - The Sims
Redwood City, CA
Senior Director, Live Services, Positive Play Group
At EA, we believe in the power of positive play. Being part of a gaming community should be fun, fair, inclusive and safe for all. That's at the heart of the focus of the Positive Play Group - from partnering with game development teams to implement best practices, to new features that we are innovating, to the guidelines we've developed governing our player communities that reflect our values – all pointing to an ongoing commitment to build better, healthier communities inside, and outside, our games.
As the Senior Director, Live Services for the Positive Play Group, you will leverage your knowledge and expertise to define product vision and strategy based on deep understanding of Positive Play initiatives, player behaviors in online communities, and game mechanics. You will lead your team in defining the roadmaps and product requirements that will reduce disruptive behavior and promote positive player dynamics. Working closely with key stakeholders, you will evangelize the consumer-facing vision of Positive Play across the company to build consensus on priorities and ensure stellar execution. Most importantly, you will inspire game teams to create healthy online environments in their games through the work of your team.
• Attract, build and lead a team of product managers, strategists and execution experts that is diverse, inclusive and capable of exceptional work
• Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to directs that is clear, specific, and helpful to them in reaching their individual and career goals
• Partner cross-functionally with researchers, game teams and data scientists to identify and explore key opportunities in tech, features and communications that support EA Positive Play Charter
• Create and drive positive play roadmaps for EA games that seek to make their online communities healthy, resilient and thriving in a way that is authentic to their brands
• Define and analyze metrics that measure the progress and success of product execution
• Work with partners to create new processes that ensure cross-company efforts are driven in a well-communicated and coordinated manner
• Build rich relationships with executives and senior leaders across disciplines such as engineering, marketing, and game teams to establish trust, clear lines of communication, and collaboration
• 10+ years of experience in Product Management or consumer product development
• 5+ years of relevant management experience
• Experience with a multiplayer game and'/or online community dynamics
• Deep understanding of product development cycles
• Ability to negotiate complex roadmaps with competing objectives
• Ability to visualize complex systems and communicate effectively to stakeholders
• Experience building and shipping consumer-facing products
• Passion for gaming and related experiences
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.