Java Software Engineer - Social Platform
Remote / Virtual
Senior Director Infrastructure Optimization
EA is recruiting for a Senior Director, Infrastructure Optimization. The right candidate has a deep expertise in managing the cost and utilization of large-scale digital infrastructure, from commercial cloud providers to on-prem physical data centers. You will work in partnership with Finance, Studios, CTO game service'/application owners, and Technical Operations infrastructure teams to develop company level hosting and operating strategies. Maintaining the balance between keeping EA and its players at the forefront of digital infrastructure and optimization of our demand and utilization is key; in summary, deliver amazing game experiences reliably, securely, and cost effectively.
Reporting to the VP of TechOps'/Cloud Infrastructure, this role is accountable for managing all of EA's online and internal cloud infrastructure usage and supporting tech, including Online Cost of Revenue (OCOR), as it flows from planning to actuals, from development teams to financial plans. You are the communications bridge between teams leveraging TechOps' infrastructure and all teams that require information about that usage. You will be directly responsible for the work, output, and growth of several discrete teams and functions, including:
• Business Operations: creation of utilization-to-cost forecast models and cost allocations. This involves close collaboration with Finance partners and infrastructure users across the company.
• Reporting and Analytics: design and maintain the technology and processes to automate data ingestion of forecast, usage, utilization, and other data to offer insight and optimization opportunities.
• Capacity Management: building process and analysis models that enable EA to make effective decisions regarding capacity based on player demand and tech stack optimizations.
• Vendor Relations: developing opportunities to optimize costs and operational improvement with key infrastructure and service providers.
• Procurement: managing the end-to-end procure to pay process for technology vendors in the TechOps'/Cloud Infrastructure space. The group also helps track and optimize decommissioning activities to reduce waste and recapture capacity.
You will also help manage the overall budget for the Technical Operations'/Cloud Infrastructure organization. In addition you will manage chargeback and showback methods for infrastructure and application services costs to drive critical analysis of costs vs revenue. This is critical in the era of 'games as live services' with deep player engagement and long operating lifespans.
Infrastructure optimization is a delicate and constant balancing act across competing interests and priorities. You must be equally adept at crafting and delivering clear and compelling analyses and recommendations to the CTO'/CFO on 5-year cost growth projections and optimization, as much as ensuring your teams have the tools and capabilities to do rapid analysis on impacts of a new game design, business deal, or promotional offer.
Required Skills and Experience:
The systems we support are incredibly diverse, produced by dozens of teams from around the world. Accordingly, the ideal candidate will have a diverse skill set and always be eager to expand it. More importantly, they will be able to apply their conceptual understanding to new technologies and tools rapidly. Below is a representative but non-exhaustive list of the skills we are looking for in a successful candidate.
• BSc or Masters degree in computer science, or equivalent technical familiarity in large-scale infrastructure management
• MBA or equivalent experience in large scale cost optimization
• Ability to build enterprise level infrastructure plans, both near-term operational and forward conceptual
• Experience in business application of advanced analytics and data modelling tools
• Ability to direct and develop high-powered teams across the supporting services that enable infrastructure acquisition and cost management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2w26d-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.