Los Angeles, CA
ROLE: Senior Director, Global Brand Management and Marketing – Apex Legends Franchise
We are looking for a Senior Director of Global Brand Management and Marketing with a proven track record of building franchise growth strategies and world-class marketing teams in partnership with game developers to lead APEX Legends into a multi-platform entertainment property. Reporting to the VP of Global Brand Management for Respawn Entertainment, the Sr Director will be responsible for developing a long-term franchise strategy, building marketing initiatives around franchise growth pillars, partnering with product management and development teams on the game roadmap, and being the business leader on the franchise in partnership with studio and marketing executive teams.
• Drive the development and execution of franchise strategy and brand foundational work (positioning, brand pyramid, tone and personality) based on close partnership with product, analytics and insights Teams
• Establish plans and marketing strategies to support growth initiatives in transmedia, licensing, partnerships and esports
• Lead a multi-disciplinary brand marketing team and support their individual growth and craft expertise development
• Represent the franchise strategy and plans to senior marketing, studio and corporate executives to achieve buy-in and alignment across the organization
• Leverage insights and data into compelling and inspiring growth plans including positioning, multi-year product roadmaps, and USP briefs
• Lead CFX alignment and partnership with internal stakeholders across studios, publishing and other cross-functional teams.
• Drive best practice and functional expertise in analyzing data, including sales and in-game data, to identify opportunities and challenges, then create strategies and tactics to drive results.
• Drive best practice in conducting ongoing competitive marketing analysis to ensure consumer and market trends are informing key brand strategies
• Experience leading entertainment and/or gaming franchise growth through strategic roadmap and initiative planning
• Experience leading, building and managing brand marketing teams
• Expert in consumer brand management and how to apply to gaming and entertainment properties
• 10+ years of demonstrated career progression in roles of increasing responsibility with craft expertise in product development, brand management and consumer insights
• A balance mix of business acumen and creative horsepower to drive the right insight-inspired creative plans that inspires players to play and engage with the APEX Legends brand
• Strong analytical skills that leverages both qualitative and quantitative insights to drive brand growth strategies
• Strong collaboration skills across multiple disciplines across marketing, commercial, technology and game development
• Experience building marketing strategies and executing tactical plans
• Experience growing brands and franchises in global markets with experience entering and growing new markets/segments
• Expert critical thinker and business driver
• Passionate about gaming as a player, lifestyle and industry
• BS/BA degree, ideally in quantitative discipline. MS/MBA preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in brand management & marketing
• 5+ years of experience in gaming and/or entertainment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.