As the Senior Director of Sports Analytics, you will lead our Analytics function at EA's Vancouver studio. You will influence important decisions on EA SPORTS FC, and other sports portfolio franchises including NHL and UFC. Reporting to the Vice President of Sports & Racing Analytics, you will partner with senior studio and marketing leaders to provide insights to guide the best player experiences. You will set the vision, strategy, and action plan for the team, applying your background in analytics, potentially in the gaming, entertainment, or consumer products industry, where consumer acquisition, engagement, and monetization are important considerations.
• Set an analytics strategy, and mobilize the team and resources to implement your vision.
• Lead the ongoing delivery of actionable, data-driven insights for our Sports franchises to improve player engagement and optimize game economy to support live services.
• Identify data products, tools and player insights that help develop game products and features to grow and optimize the franchises.
• Work with studio and marketing leadership teams, build trust and ensure collaboration between departments and across EA, removing barriers to accomplish goals.
• Work with product, engineering, and experimentation teams in creating frictionless customer experiences.
• Partner with engineering teams to ensure our data warehousing and infrastructure can support growing player and developer needs.
• Lead, develop and attract a team of accomplished analysts.
• Demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion through both words and actions, building an inclusive culture for the team and ensuring everyone can contribute and feel welcomed and valued.
• Bachelor's degree, with a preferred Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Behavioral Psychology, or related discipline.
• 10+ years working in data and analytics, with at least 7+ managing a motivated data analytics or data science team.
• 7+ years of experience in experimentation or live services.
• You are experienced in understanding problems and constraints, translating them into analysis approaches and insights, and following through on recommendations/outcomes.
• You are experienced in cutting through complexity to find the core problem and achieve the best solution.
• Experience presenting to large groups, including executive management.
• Excellent management skills to build analysis delivery plans with clear deliverables, ownership, and communication plans.
• Knowledge of quantitative techniques such as regression, classification, forecasting, and clustering.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmjqb3-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.