Redwood City, CA
Role Overview: As the Senior Director of Corporate Strategy, you will report to our Chief Strategy Officer and collaborate with the CXO, CTOs, and executive team to shape the corporate growth agenda. You will focus primarily on Enterprise-level Product and Technology initiatives that span EA's multiple businesses, both within and beyond the traditional game experience. You will also support the development of an Enterprise-level strategic framework to ensure Product and Technology Strategy is tightly linked to our Financial and Operating frameworks. Finally, you will support the cultivation of the next generation of talent for the Strategy function.
Support Enterprise leaders in framing Product/Tech Strategies: One of EA's core strategic pillars is to amplify the power of its communities in and around our games with social and creator tools. Realizing this strategic pillar will require enterprise-level product and technology development. This includes applying technology and product strategy frameworks to identify Enterprise tech/product opportunities, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate pathways to impact. Stay up to date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and new technologies, and maintain an external network to stay connected with the next generation of innovators. Provide expertise to the Executive Team on new tech developments
Link Product/Tech Strategies to the company's operating and financial frameworks: You will collaborate with our Business, Finance, Comms and Exec Operations teams to ensure agreement of our Product and Tech strategy initiatives with our financial long-range plan and investor narrative. Exercise a high degree of judgment and adapt communication style to engage with the Executive Team and Board of Directors.
Develop Strategy Talent: Co-manage the Strategy Generalist Program. Collect and provide feedback on performance and translate into professional development plans. Align Generalist professional development needs with those of the business and manage staffing across projects. Be a sounding board and mentor for Generalists, providing guidance on career development and professional relationships. Maintain a network at top Business Schools, Consulting Firms, and Investment Banks to source future Strategy leaders.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field (MBA preferred)
• 10+ years related work experience
• Experience in Corporate Strategy within Entertainment or Technology industries
• Experience evaluating tech-centric product opportunities in Technology or Entertainment industries, including both organic and inorganic (i.e., M&A) opportunities
• Understanding of Tech and Product strategy frameworks in Consumer contexts
• Strong external industry network to stay connected with innovations at the intersection of Technology and Entertainment
• Strategic thinking and with the ability to summarize complex information into applicable insight and communicate technical strategies to a diverse set of partners and senior executives
• Financial knowledge with experience linking business initiatives and strategy to financial plans
• Team management abilities, with the desire to mentor team members
• Experience influencing executives and promoting agreement in a matrixed organization
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $193,000 - $300,850
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz42j3-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.