In your role as Senior DevOps Engineer, you will help evolve our backend to meet the demanding requirements of players in today's modern cloud environment. You will also partner with the team and within EA to promote DevOps values and patterns to help establish a culture of excellence.
Reporting to the Lead Online Engineer, you will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than a decade to help realize the vision to delight users.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
• Support and operationalize the current online on-prem and cloud infrastructure thru IaaS tools
• Work with local and remote DevOps, Server Side, and Software developers to investigate and design future gaming online infrastructures to support new services.
• Respond to outages quickly to ensure public availability of our online services.
• Refine processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability.
• Automate processes to increase efficiency.
• Help architect solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
• Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand new issues.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• You've shipped and supported scalable web services hosted in the cloud and on-prem
• You've deployed services using Kubernetes and containerization
• You have knowledge of platforms, architectures and the CNCF landscape with a deep understanding of Kubernetes, Kubernetes API and CRDs.
• You have experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• You have experience with IaaS and CICD tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Rancher, ArgoCD.
• You know your way around monitoring and performance analytic tools (Loki, Jaeger, Grafana Prometheus)
• You have experience of service mesh (Istio, Linkerd)
• You work on software that requires developing and optimizing queries and database access patterns (Redis, RDS, Aurora or Spanner, MySQL)
• You own large systems and features from design to deployment, including live service support
• You develop high-quality, testable software
• You develop APIs for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy and excel under ambiguous requirements
• You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers
• Contributed to CNCF projects or built open-source tooling
• Shipped web services that scale to millions of daily users
• Shipped with AWS
• Have experience working with highly available services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqox6x-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.