Data Scientist - EADP Central Engineering
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
You will Report to Director of Engineering
What Would You Do
Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and social features within games fast-becoming essential to the player experience. You will build a platform that monitors player behaviour and fosters a safe and fun environment for friends and families to express themselves and play together. Build a large-scale platform using data science and machine learning techniques for detection and removal of harmful content. You will work with the game teams to detect and report/remove cheating, unfair practices. and encourage fair play through positive reinforcement techniques. Through continuous learning, you will progressively work towards reducing moderator workload and improve efficiency.
• You will work with product managers, game teams, scrum masters, architects, tech leads, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across the US and other geographies.
• You will work with PMs, Game Teams, Architects, Network and Systems engineers to understand needs and build the solution.
• You will develop data models, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms.
• Understand the game/service features and relation to experimental methods and measurement.
• Ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
• Translate game/business understanding into recommendations on data/analytics to evaluate feature performance.
• Provide data, analytical and statistical guidance for the business.
• Translate answers to direct business problems into workable quantitative modelling solutions.
• Work in an Agile, Scrum-based on Minimum Viable Product(MVP)
• Communicate progress and issues with program and product teams across the organisation.
• Prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
• Integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
• and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and social features within games fast-becoming essential
• Bachelor or master's degree in computer science or Statistics or Related Field from Tier I institutions
• 6+ years experience in Data Modelling, Machine Learning, and related domains
• Deep experience working in Natural Language Processing (NLP), intelligent search, and text/image analytics.
• Top-notch programming skills in Python/R/Scala
• Strong Experience in visualising and manipulating big datasets.
• Experience in Distributed Computing and Data Processing Techniques
• Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL Databases
• Experience working in Agile development methodologies.
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with an eagerness to constantly learn.
• Strong sense of ownership/'can do' attitude.
• Experience working in a distributed global team.
• Experience in modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools (Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra) and demonstrated experience designing and coding in bigdata components
• Experience developing products on AWS or other platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv180j-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.