Senior Concept Artist
Location - EA Hyderabad.
We're EA - developers of world-renowned games such as -Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform-from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile's valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
• Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary.
• Ownership – Get things done.
• Passion – Passionate about the art of making games.
• Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks.
• Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do.
If you have the passion for playing and making games, we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for a 2D Concept artist position we have in our studio!
You will be responsible for bringing characters and beautifully crafted worlds to life! You will work very closely with the Art Director, Senior Art Leads, Game Designers and other members of the game cross functional teams where both your creativity and technical skills will help shape and improve our games.
As 2D Concept artist you will be responsible for the development concepts for in game assets.
This includes characters, effects, plants etc.
You will also participate in the final asset creation and implementing those assets in production pipeline framework.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Create the look of the game assets by working with the Art Director to establish a consistent visual direction for mood, environments, characters, plants, etc. by creating inspiring concept art that focuses on dynamic visual elements that maintain quirkiness and humor of the game.
• Collaborate with the Art Director to implement the vision for the game
• Produce work in an efficient and timely manner, on schedule
• Produce high quality 2D concepts and assets in a variety of art styles
• Assist in creating art style guides with the Art Director
• Work closely with colleagues to foster a highly communicative, coordinated team effort
• Ensure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over your work throughout the project's development
You should have:
Mandatory: A portfolio to demonstrate the below requirements-
• 3+ years of prior work experience as a game concept artist.
• Good communication skills and enthusiasm for continued learning and growth
• Excellent Creativity in ideas and storytelling through visual imagery
• Strong foundational art skills: Anatomy, Lighting and Form, Composition, Perspective, Architecture
• Strong design skills: organic, inorganic
• Excellent visual storytelling, and written skills.
• Strong understanding of quirkiness and humor.
• Strong interpersonal skills-able to interact with team members of different disciplines.
• Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player.
• Passion for playing video games across multiple platforms – specifically mobile games and staying up to date on popular trend
• Technical skills: Photoshop (expert-level), 3D production workflow is a plus
• Ability to accept and incorporate feedback through various stages of production
• Versatility in producing art in various styles
Software skills required
• Animate cc
Good to have
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d80z19-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.