Senior Character Artist
Remote / Virtual
We are looking for an experienced Senior Character Artist to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. You will report to Skate's Character Director and work in collaboration with content creators working on character style, features, and content creation techniques.
• Stay current with the state-of-the-industry in character modeling and surfacing.
• Explore visual targets for character assets through the development of a variety of stylistic approaches.
• Explore the use of different methods of creating character models, clothing, and hair assets.
• Interested in new and unfamiliar tools related to modeling, UV editing, baking secondary information, skinning, surfacing, and rendering with the intent of discovering the strengths and weaknesses of each method.
• Provide prototype (modeled, surfaced and skinned) character assets of all types to support early development of the game and to drive requirements gathering for future pipelines and workflows.
• Create style guides, production guides, and reference assets to communicate with internal artists and external outsourcers.
• Participate in group asset reviews - both internal and external - and give peer feedback on all aspects of the character creation process.
• Communicate about the processes involved with the creation of character assets through meetings, presentations, and documentation.
• Attend all planning and team meetings; Build user stories and produce time estimates for project planning.
You will demonstrate the following:
• 5+ Years Experience on Video Game Asset production teams
• Experience shipping character content in a specialist or senior position on 1-2 shipped console/PC titles.
• Strong understanding of human anatomy and movement.
• High level of skill in 3D sculpture, materials/surfacing, topology.
• Proficiency with the use of photogrammetric methods for capture of human bodies, faces, or clothing.
• Proficiency in the use of ZBrush to create sculpted digital character assets.
• Proficiency in the use of Maya to create topology and UV's for digital character assets.
• A degree in Fine Art, Digital Art, Animation, Visual Design, or related diploma or certificate.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of creating materials with Substance Designer
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Substance Painter to surfacing character assets
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Marvelous Designer to create clothing assets
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Xgen to create strand-based hair character assets
• Demonstrated proficiency with the use of Marmoset tool bag for baking texture maps
Please submit a portfolio/demo reel link with your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.