Senior Character Artist (Apex Legends)
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Senior Character Artist to join an established, experienced team of developers working on a AAA first person shooter in development at EA Vancouver. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help create the vision and execution of a compelling, immersive experience.
What a Senior Character Artist does at EA:
The character artist is an essential role in video game creation. You will create the cast of characters to populate the rich universe of the AAA action title. A character artist is a dynamic and efficient modeler with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content along with an imagination that is always in motion. Someone who can create amazing models based on 2D concept art or 3D concept models.
The next great Senior Character Artist also has:
• 5+ years of experience in video games. Film and television experience would also be considered.
• Production experience with character creation
• Excellent creature and human anatomical understanding.
• Sculpting, texturing and game-ready asset creation abilities.
• Experience with PBR materials and shaders.
• An understanding of clothing and cloth materials. .
• Knowledge of high fidelity modeling techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
• Expert knowledge of Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software
• Knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
• Experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity) is an advantage
• Visualize in three dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
• Have a sense of 'story' and character in a game asset – taking into account age, weathering and context
• Sense of proportion and composition with a eye for surface, colour, and detail
• Experience in cloth simulation is a desired skillset
• Experience in hard surface modeling is a benefit
• Character modeling and texturing
• UV layout and all the maps used
• Assets surfaced using 3D paint software, e.g. Substance Painter / Mari
• Examples to demonstrate understanding of physically based material properties
• Stylized assets are a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m2jj-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.