Los Angeles, CA
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking a Senior Character Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level. You will report to the Studio Line Director.
As a Senior Character Artist you will be responsible for:
• Sculpt high-resolution characters
• Create clean game topology, UV's and textures
• Deliver feedback to outsourcing partners
• Character renders for marketing
• Reference photo shoots
• Assist in character concept and design
Skills We Look For:
• Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette
• Strong Maya or similar 3D modeling software
• Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush
• Expert knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
• Experience with Marvelous designer
• Experience with photogrammetry
• Understanding of rigging and skinning
• Military gear & hardware knowledge a plus
• Basic knowledge of optimization
• Eye for lighting, shade, color and detail
• Basic knowledge in photography
• Game experience a plus
• Life drawing a plus
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a combined resume AND portfolio.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.