Brand Management Lead
Redwood City, CA
Senior Brand Strategist (Contract)
Senior Brand Strategist (4-Month Contract)
What we're all about...
The newly formed brand team for Electronic Arts is less than a year into building our brand, making it one of greatest (+ fun) exercises in transformation & change management in our industry. This also means we're still making a bit of it up as we go along. So if you're a visionary doer, who can lead programs to sprout and thrive within change, then this might be your gig. And you've also caught us at the best time - the very beginning - how exciting is that? The opportunity to bring a pioneer brand back to life doesn't come around too often… so that's why we're here and hopefully why you're still reading this job description…
The Sr. Brand Strategist role will report to the Director of Brand Strategy and lead initiatives that transform the EA brand back to its once culturally iconic status. This work will include the below.
What you'll do with us… Principle Roles & Responsibilities
Support Brand Foundation Development
• Manage EA's brand architecture development & deployment across EA and all EA sub-brands, studio brands and product brands and the creation of new brands
• Drive the building of foundational systems that cultivate & protect EA brand equity while also unifying the EA brand experience
• Apply strong strategic thinking & leadership skills to investigate data, formulate hypotheses, determine research needs and design the most impactful and efficient pathways for constructing EA's brand foundations
Plan & Lead Strategic Cross-functional Initiatives
• Translate EA's hero brand strategy to tangible, data-informed solutions that reform the Electronic Arts brand experience across our portfolio, identity, marketing & growth initiatives
• Coordinate & lead internal stakeholders and agency partners to analyze & refine portfolio growth & positioning strategies to align with hero brand strategy & architecture
• Partner closely with EA brand identity and sub-brand teams to develop & implement an EA brand architecture
What you'll already be great at… Qualifications
• 10+ years of professional brand strategy & management experience; at least 4 years in-house at a brand or brand consultancy/agency
• Experience supporting high profile rebrands
• You might have a mix of experience across brand strategy and product management
• Experience working across a complex & varied portfolio
• Experience managing and supporting cross functional (dotted-line) teams and executive level stakeholders
• Analytical and problem-solving mindset
• Creative & compelling communication skills; both written and verbal
• Ability to lead and motivate change management across large, corporate organizations
• Great collaborator who thrives working with others
• Strong opinions lightly held
• Willing to get hands dirty
• Outcome and output oriented - dare we say 'relentless'?
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.