Los Angeles, CA
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
Role of a Sr Backend Software Engineer at DICE LA
• Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services using Scala
• Leverage modern open-source stacks including gRPC and Finagle
• Deploy applications in microservice architecture using container orchestration tools
• Work closely with front-end developers as part of a feature team
• Be responsible for performance testing at the server level and load testing at the service level, using tools such as Locust and Gatling
• Be proactive about service errors, interruptions and performance issues
• BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Excellent skills in developing distributed back-end services
• Understand full service stack, from UI in the front-end to databases in the back-end
• Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
• Great communication skills that supports a collaborative working environment
Desired and Bonus Skills:
• Experience with JVM and Scala
• Experience with Docker containerization
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with DevOps practises
• Comfortable working with Unix type systems
• Experience in the games industry
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.