C++ Software Engineer
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and excellent tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with a deep player experience.
The Frostbite team develops tools and runtime technologies to promote the highest quality animation for Frostbite's developers and users across EA worldwide. We work with our game team partners to develop our solutions and work in an agile way.
You will be a part of a team that has a passion for pushing technology and supporting teams while having fun. We are looking for someone who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies and works well with others.
• Develop high-quality tools and runtime technologies
• Follow Agile methodologies as defined by the team
• Follow engineering best practices as defined by the team
• Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure speedy resolution of issues
• Experience in the gaming industry, including rendering or graphics programming
• Proficient in C++
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience
• Software development experience with tools
• Low-level code optimization experience is a plus
• Experience developing on Agile teams
• Familiar with modern rendering techniques and APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX or Metal
• A background in high-quality deliverables and sustainable development practices including automated tests
• Demonstrated ownership for the success of internal customers
Wondering if you'll meet all of our requirements? We know those dot points can't capture all that you might bring to our team, so consider the above a starting point. If you're interested, please reach out!
Creating amazing games starts with building a team that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We wholeheartedly celebrate that diversity, and are committed to fostering a workplace that is equitable and inclusive, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. For more on our commitment and progress - check out our 2021 Impact Report.
What's in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we're doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there's that. There's also:
• A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
• Life and salary continuance insurance
• An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
• 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we'll pay you extra to take a break!
• Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
• Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
• A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
• Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to our employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility – we're hybrid forward, so you'll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8vx1-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.