Redwood City, CA
Senior Art Director | Maxis
• You'll collaborate and develop a cohesive aesthetic vision for our new project
• Present and promote the visual experience to all levels
• Team up with art, tech, design and production leadership to accomplish important milestones
• Extend the game's aesthetic vision beyond core game visuals to cohesively support the player experience, live services and market considerations
• Take advantage of technical constraints to produce stunning results on every platform
• Create and promote style guides and high-level documentation
• Nurture the growth and well-being of the art team
• Train artists to accomplish style guide goals and iterate to improve results, pipelines and processes
• Develop partnerships with external outsourcing partners to ensure assets hit style, timeliness, technical and quality targets
• Assemble our requirements for the product and create a content plan that supports them
• Align with partners in the prioritization required to hit sprints and milestones
• Develop art team production best practices in collaboration with development directors
• You'll report to and work with the studio art director
• Skilled CG artist with 10 years experience in game development and at least one shipped title as a video game art director
• Titles shipped on multiple platforms, including mobile and HD formats.
• An understanding of all aspects of contemporary 3D game development: concept art, character modeling, prop modeling, environment modeling, lighting, animation, visual effects and user interface design.
• Experienced at establishing art vision and guidelines
• Accomplished in leading and inspiring teams of artists and in delivering relevant and timely feedback as the team executes through pre-production, production and as a evolving live service
• Experienced in working with team partners to create a content plan and backlog and a developing a hiring ramp and timeline required to implement
• Experience getting ready and working with external development partners
• Problem-solving and prototyping ability
• Sense of composition, lighting, form and palette
• Deep, demonstrated passion for game development and game art
• Experience in platforms that use user generated content
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55m60-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.