Sr Technical Architect - EADP Central Engineering
EA is the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. EA is committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console -to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. That means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Our mission is to build a platform that is compatible across multiple platforms and devices and empower teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. Our platform is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow the game developers to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
As a Sr. Architect, you will be a senior technical member of the central engineering team. You will make important technology decisions and build high-quality products.
Location Hyderabad, India.
You will report to Director Engineering.
• You will architect and develop massively scalable services, solutions and platforms with stellar performance
• Provide technology roadmap and direction for platforms, products and features
• Improve for simplicity and low maintenance
• You will work with distributed teams and provide amazing experiences to the players
• Improve technical excellence amongst team members by mentoring them
• Lead and accomplish company wide technology projects in partnership with other architects
• Provide accurate estimates on deliverables for yourself and help team on the same
• You will find and address technology risks during early stages of development
• You will provide architectural guidance and inputs for Quality Assurance, Load/Performance Testing, Capacity Planning.
• Review design and code for adherence to architecture, security compliance and coding standards
• Institutionalize best practices across teams and also borrow from others
• You will identify the right choice of technologies for solving the problem to minimize time, money and maximize efficiency
• You will be the last level in the escalation chain for resolving technical issues
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from Tier I institutions
• You have 12+ years' overall IT experience and 6+ years of architect experience in J2SE and J2EE technologies
• Experience architecting and deploying high-volume, high transaction-based, distributed and redundant web applications
• You have command over Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Service Registry/Discovery, gRPC, Load Balancing, Caching and other commonly used tools and techniques for building performance distributed systems on the cloud.
• Sound knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB and Cassandra
• Experience in Kafka, Amazon SNS, Elasticsearch, Redis, and Memcached.
• Good knowledge in building CI/CD pipelines using Docker, Jenkins & Kubernetes
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.