Senior Software Engineer
Primary Role: This position reports to the Regional Shared Services Manager and supports the Asia licensing business in the Asia region. This is a key role and will involve the management of all billing and collection activities for the Asia region. Operating in a fast-paced culture, you will be a self-starter with superior organisational skills and be able to manage your day-to-day tasks independently.
You will be responsible for the day to day operations and ensuring accurate and timely processing of billing activities and oversee the related collection and AR/credit activities, including monthly closing and reconciliations, revenue recognition and bad debt provisioning. These include managing the monthly invoicing, receipts/bank reconciliation, WHT/tax reconciliation, maintenance of billing data accuracy, and monitoring collections and following up on the outstanding customer accounts. You will provide AR aging, collections reports and cash flow forecast and periodic reviews of customer credit limit. You will also continuously drive improvements to optimize processes and ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
You are a strong team player and are communicative, dynamic, and adaptable to a fast paced and diverse environment.
• Ensuring invoices and/or credit notes are processed and issued timely as per contractual agreements
• Follow up on approvals with sales managers on billing details
• Follow up on, collect and allocate payments to correct invoices/VAT credit notes
• Communicate with customers via phone, email
• Initiate collection efforts, monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
• Research, investigate and resolve payment discrepancies or customer queries. Escalate disputes as required
• Perform preliminary credit checks on customer's financials
• To support credit hold releases and monitor customers' AR accounts are not exceeded by credit limits
• Perform account reconciliations including WHT
• Generate age analysis, maintain customer files and records
• Prepare AR metrics and review weekly AR aging to ensure compliance
• Assist with month-end closing and audit support
• Maintenance of customers profile is required and to also provide internal/external audit support, as necessary.
• Review contracts/agreements, identify pertinent terms and issues and collaborate with local controllership teams to provide appropriate accounting guidance and propose solutions within Company's revenue recognition policy.
• Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent with 5-8 years of accounts receivable and general accounting experience in MNCs
• Knowledge of accounts receivable and multi-currency transactions in Asia (China, Korea, SEA experience will be advantageous)
• Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
• Basic knowledge on relevant international tax, sales tax, and VAT
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
• Knowledge of general accounting principles (606 or any latest changes regarding non-GAAP accounting principles)
• Knowledge on revenue recognition, specifically IFRS 15 and US GAAP
• Strong proficiency in programs such as MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and proficiency in Oracle R12, Sony CDS, HFM is preferred
• Experience in providing AR and customer reporting to internal partners and stakeholders
Key Skills and Competencies
• Language - h igh level of proficiency in both written and spoken English and Mandarin is essential
• Attention to detail and high accuracy in work performed
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills to communicate with multiple stakeholders
• Strong analytical, problem resolving and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently, multitask and deliver on multiple deadlines
• Must be resourceful and tenacious
• Identify and develop best practices and process improvements
• Have a sense of urgency and escalate as appropriate
• Commitment to excellent customer service
• Ability to adapt and perform ad hoc tasks as necessary
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.