Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to do their best work is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on open-world action-adventure games and pioneering next generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to craft unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to generate incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Sr. Animator.
• Create high quality, believable animation content that looks and feels amazing.
• Truly own the content that you're responsible for, from conceptualization (blocking, directing/co-directing mocap talent) through to realization (polished key-framing/motion editing, implementation in the game).
• Work closely with Designers to ensure that we achieve responsive, immersive gameplay that feels rewarding to our players.
• Work closely with other animators to push our quality, share knowledge and inspire creativity.
• Maintain communication across all relevant disciplines (production, design, art, audio, VFX) throughout the development of your areas of responsibility.
• Work together with Artists and Riggers to establish both core and secondary functionality of our characters.
• Help to establish efficient pipelines and procedures across the animation teams.
• Be proactive in assessing and evolving the gameplay experience.
• 5+ years of professional game development experience.
• A strong understanding of video game animation development.
• A high level of proficiency with Maya (and ideally Motion Builder).
• Experience with 3rd-person weapons/behaviors and full body/bipedal animations.
• An advanced understanding of motion editing (re-posing, re-timing and plusing mocap data).
• Experience animating cameras, together with an understanding of cinematography.
• Experience working closely with other domains - especially Designers, Engineers and Artists.
• Proactive work ethics and will take pride and responsibility for the success of our games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyk18m-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.