Corporate Card Administrator - APAC
Senior Accountant (1Y Contract)
The CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines, with the common goal of partnering with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. Our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by proving financial insight, reporting and guidance. We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Corporate accounting's mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. The department's primary responsibility is to prepare and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Furthermore, responsibilities include: accounting consultation to internal partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects. The Asian Controlling team supports US GAAP reporting and statutory for the Group's legal entities across the region. Our Asian teams are in three main locations: Singapore, Shanghai (China) and Seoul (Korea). A member of the Asian Controlling Team, you will have responsibility for managing the Asian close process and related financial reporting in conformity with US GAAP and supervising close, reporting and statutory compliance.
The Senior Accountant will be part of the Asia Controlling team, reporting to a supervisor role in Singapore. You will have four major areas of responsibilities: (a) Month end close activities, (b) Statutory compliance/Internal control environment, (c) Business Support, (d) Project management. You will address many accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and statutory financial statement preparation. The Senior Accountant will have contact with the employees from Singapore, and other teams in Asia and globally.
• Ensure the application and documentation of US GAAP and Singapore GAAP financial policies and procedures and implement changes and improvements.
• Prepare and record journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Prepare monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
• Partner with the offshore shared service teams on month end close.
• Manage the recording and settlement of inter-company transactions between our company and its intercompany trading partner(s).
Statutory Compliance/ Internal control environment
• Manage overall control environment and its effectiveness.
• Support filing of VAT, WHT and corporate income tax returns.
• Work with the Singapore team to provide a clean year-end statutory financial statement by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; provide information for external advisors.
• Prepare reconciliation of US GAAP to local statutory financial statements.
• Provide an internal tax package for the consolidation purpose
• Guidance of local and US external auditors and support for other statutory and tax audit matters
• Help develop new financial procedures and feature to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Be the primary liaison to selected business groups.
• Maintain good relationships with the other Finance teams (Shared Services, Corporate, Treasury, Other regional counterparts, Tax).
• Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning EA's accounting practices, improving documentation, building reporting)
Any other ad hoc accounting responsibilities Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Certified Public Accountant, ACCA or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in general accounting or related field in a multinational organization
• Experience in VAT and CIT filings
• Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
Capabilities & Talents
• Prioritization and interpersonal skills
• Analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
• Passion for data integrity, process definition
• Enthusiasm to challenge the status quo and suggest change
• Rapid learner and strives for excellence
• Strong organizational framework
• Think outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to improve efficiency
• Is adapt at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.