Shared Services Senior AR Accountant
Senior Accountant II (6 month Contractor)
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Purpose of the Role: This project role is twofold: 1) manage the General Ledger and associated transactions to ensure they are timely and properly recorded in line with local and US GAAP as well as 2) review and recommend solutions to the existing control system and Finance related processes. The function includes significant interactions across in EA China and many EA Corporate departments, allowing widespread exposure to both territory and Asia-wide finance issues. This role is also responsible for local statutory compliance in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Review and further develop GL procedure documents and close schedules;
• Procedural reviews – work with manager as well as key local stakeholders to continuously improve controls and processes, and comply with EA corporate requirements;
• Actively participate in Finance projects; this is to include but not be limited to system changes (e.g. ERP upgrade, business process changes affecting finance)
• Strong control and review of financial processes, with specific attention to US GAAP and data reconciliation;
• Responsible for rigorously planning and controlling GL tasks to achieve demanding internal US-lead reporting deadlines;
• Responsibility for local statutory and tax reporting
• Review and submission of monthly post-close reporting schedules to Asia Finance team (balance sheet reconciliation and variance analysis)
• Continuous improvement of the quality of financial reporting both internal and external;
• Day to day responsibility for the resolution of GL issues and queries, including managing the interface between GL and other finance teams / EA internal and external departments;
• Regular daily contact point for both external and internal audit teams.
• GL responsibility for assigned country and associated contracts review;
• Review of monthly SG&A (expenses) expenditure with FP&A and budget holders to ensure all commitments made by EA's business teams are captured in the financial statements;
• Analysis and review AP, payroll and treasury disbursements.
• Preparation and management of a high quality month-end close process
• Active collaboration and timely communication to the Regional Controller.
• Responsibility for the proactive identification and resolution of financial control issues.
• Responsible for core financial systems reconciliation, including oversight on the reconciliation between Oracle and local GAAP system.
• Manage the processing of intercompany transactions throughout all relevant ledgers;
• Collaborate with Shared Services, Fixed Assets, Payroll, AP and AR departments in ensuring appropriate reconciliations and sub-ledger close accuracy
• Involvement with other departments within the business (Development, Marketing, Operations, IT, etc) to ensure accurate posting of transactions, understanding of month-end budgeting and expenditure.
• Understanding of, and involvement in, monthly working capital assessments in conjunction with Asia Controller, Tax and Treasury department and responsible for cash flow planning and management
The Ideal Candidate will require the following skills and experience: Fluent in Mandarin and English are essential
• Solid technical accounting skills (accounting degree) with a minimum 5 years of qualified experience in China
• Ability to effectively communicate technical accounting issues to less qualified staff or non-finance staff
• Strong working knowledge of local FRS, US GAAP or IFRS is beneficial
• Impeccable personal integrity; confidence in representing the Finance team with EA;
• Proactive and confident in identifying problems and solutions; tenacity and attention to detail valuable attributes.
• Assertive in resolving issues, but positive and constructive at all times;
• Ability to manage change positively – comfortable with multiple daily responsibilities and with managing change where required.
• Systematic and control-focused approach to quality of own work and that of others;
• Team player, and capable of representing regional GL finance team across EA and externally;
• Strong systems awareness and interest (Oracle or comparable ERP solution useful, but must have an aptitude for developing system solutions).
Please note that the nature of our business may require that certain aspects of this job description may be subject to modification and change during the individual's period of employment.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.