Job Title: Senior Accountant II
Experience: 9-10 years
A challenging opportunity with Electronic Arts (India) in Record to Report function. Candidate will be responsible to perform and review General ledger activities which includes Lease Accounting, Inter-Company Accounting, Fixed Assets Accounting, review of Bank Reconciliations, Manual Journal Entries, VAT Computation etc. He/she will also be assisting month end close activities and supporting other team members in carrying out the responsibilities of the organization.
Key Responsibilities of this Role:
• Expert in preparation of Bank reconciliations.
• Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and prepaid Journal Entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Intercompany Activities & Lease Accounting.
• Understand US-GAAP and the underlying accounting aspects. Can resolve the reconciliation and accounting queries from the team.
• Have strong knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement)
• Dealt with Balance sheet Reconciliations (Cash, Fixed assets, Inter Company, Current assets, Current liabilities etc.)
• Working Knowledge on VAT computation and MI reporting.
• Analyze the movement in GL balances and assist in Balance Sheet commentaries.
• Thorough knowledge of Balance sheet items / Income statement line items.
• Recommend changes to all processes improving the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
• Can Drive the process efficiency through Process improvements or automation
• Can drive the quarterly reviews or Business review with the Leadership Team/Stakeholders independently.
• Should be able to contribute to the projects guided by business.
• Can completely own any transition opportunities identified and setup appropriate documents and establish Service level agreements for the same.
• Adherence to the internal controls and support the review of key controls and SOX compliance.
• Should be able to assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• Semi Qualified Chartered Accountant/Bachelor/Master-degree in Commerce with a minimum of 9 to 10 years of relevant business experience.
• Experience in Accounting and Reconciliation for a large MNC preferably BPO/KPOs or Captives having Finance and Accounting services
• Have hands-on experience driving transitions and setting up new processes in Finance and Accounting function.
• Have hands-on experience in Oracle Enterprise Business Suite R12 and also understand the Multi-Currency COA
• Have Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and good knowledge on PowerPoint Too.
• Have proactive thinking and anticipate account risks to reduce any potential unreconciled or aged reconciled accounts
• Have very good Communication Skills and able to manage the external and company partners independently
• Advanced accounting and financial skills required. Hunger to apply accounting principles and practices. Experience in USGAAP concepts is must.
• Hands on experience on Oracle R12 and Cadency Certification, HFM tool will be an added advantage.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
• Customer focused, ability to adapt to changing schedules and multiple work plans with moderate supervision
• Ready to work from HYD office under the Hybrid model.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xyv7-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.