- Full Time
Job DescriptionWe are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Controlling team supports statutory compliance and local and US GAAP reporting for local legal entities in Europe that are involved in the sale and distribution of packaged goods, studio development other services, and corporate activities.
Key business partners to the group include FP&A teams, Finance shared services and non-Finance business partners.
The key objective of the group is to provide accurate and timely financial reporting, as required by local GAAP or SEC compliance (US GAAP) and maintain a high level of compliance locally in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be responsible for general ledger management, financial close and reporting for one or more entities.
As a Senior Accountant, you will have a broad range of responsibilities directly and indirectly related to the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
What a Senior Accountant does at EA:
Strong control and review of financial close process, with specific attention to standard accounting (primarily under US GAAP) and data reconciliation issues;
• Responsible for rigorously planning and controlling tasks pertaining to the general ledger (GL) to achieve demanding internal US-driven reporting deadlines;
• Responsibility for local statutory and tax reporting;
• Review and submission of monthly post-close reporting schedules to European Finance team,;
• Day to day responsibility for the resolution of GL issues and queries, including managing the interface between GL and other Finance teams / EA departments;
• Regular daily contact point for both external and internal audit teams;
• Prepare reconciliations and month-end close reporting for local and Corporate requirements, using Hyperion, Excel, and Cadency;
• Ownership and management of balance sheet accounts, including ad-hoc analysis of transactional activity;
• Perform and document controls related to financial reporting
• Support the implementation, standardization, and improvement of new and existing processes and systems
• Provide a high level of customer service within Finance and to other business partners;
• Delegate and review work carried out by offshore accounting support teams;
• Interact with FP&A and non-Finance budget holders prior to month-end to ensure accuracy and completeness of accruals related to spending
• Identify and propose resolution for resolve technical accounting issues, and prepare memos as required;
• Identify areas of process improvement or efficiency, and propose and implement changes in process under supervision;
• Support internal operational and external financial audits;
• Under limited supervision, complete VAT return, Corporate Income Tax return, Transfer Pricing adjustment, Tax calculation and other local compliance document filings
• Participate in Finance projects; this is to include but not be limited to system changes (e.g. Oracle upgrade, CoA), business process changes affecting Finance, and staff restructuring changes.
The next great EA Senior Accountant also needs:
Technical background :
One or more of the following backgrounds:
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA-qualified or equivalent financial accounting studies
• Prior equivalent GL work experience with a multinational company and /or Prior public accounting experience
• Fluency in English required
• Proven experience identifying and communicating technical and general accounting issues
• Proven experience with month-end reporting deadlines and/or preparation of local statutory financial statements
• Proven experience with corporate governance and/or internal controls compliance
• Familiarity with US GAAP
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel required, including data mining tools and PivotTables
• Experience with Oracle R12 / Hyperion Financial Management / Cadency I would be a plus
Soft skills :
• Disciplined self-starter, able to multi-task, work independently with strong attention to detail and accountability for own work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate technical accounting issues to less qualified staff or non-finance staff
• Impeccable personal integrity; confidence in representing the Finance team within EA
• Proactive and confident in identifying problems and solutions; tenacity and attention to detail, valuable attributes.
• Pragmatism, solution oriented
• Ability to manage change positively – comfortable with multiple daily responsibilities and with managing change where required.
• Systematic and control-focused approach to quality of own work and that of others;
• thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
• Is a team player, adept at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
• More about our location:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qvb8-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.