- Full Time
Job DescriptionRisk Analyst
Multiple Locations: Guildford, England, United Kingdom - Lyon, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, France - Madrid, Spain
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
he position is based in one of our offices in Lyon (France), Guilford (United Kingdom) or Madrid (Spain). You will primarily ensure that financial risks relating to channel inventory are correctly valued and recorded. These risks include supporting the sales teams on their price promotion decisions and associated costs.
As a key member of a global team, you will support the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
This implies: (a) following strict accounting and reporting processes, (b) preparing reporting packs, (c) presenting variance analysis to various stakeholders across business and finance teams, as well as executive management.
Your work will also include researching and documenting historical trends of past pricing strategies and actions.
You will have strong partnership with cross functional teams, and a good ability to communicate to the corporate team on all financial risk situations. Key business partners include FP&A, Controllership, Accounts Receivables, Sales, Demand Planning. You will also support internal and external audits.
You will also be a key stakeholder in cross functional projects. Leveraging on your expertise with systems and data reporting, you will help improve and automatize existing processes or build new ones.
What a Risk Analyst does at EA:
• Run the provision calculation for price promotions and returns (Sales and Return Allowance, SRA) for specific territories.
• Manage the review at month end to provide accurate calculation
• Ensure efficiency of controls and reviews around financial close processes, with specific attention to US GAAP accounting standards
• Perform data reconciliation
• Support the forecasting process.
• Analyze the P&L and Balance Sheet impacts of the provision. Other ad-hoc analysis to support management's decisions.
• Partner with Sales and Demand Planning departments on pricing strategy.
• Review and approval of promotions prior to payment.
• Support Audit: methodology, calculation, and Balance Sheet reconciliation
• Continually work on reporting improvement and automation through different tools (Power BI, Tableau, Access …)
• Take part in cross-functional projects by bringing reporting expertise and helping drive change
The next great EA Risk Analyst also needs:
• Business Degree or finance background, including accounting skills
• Excellent IT skills - Advanced Microsoft excel, can perform complex functions and VBA macros
• Financial reporting tools experience is highly recommended (Power BI, Tableau, Access database …)
• Oracle R12 ERP knowledge is a plus
• Good analytical skills
• Fluency in English, both oral and written, is required
• Proven experience with month-end reporting deadlines
• Experience of previous project management or collaboration within finance and non-finance partners is a plus.
Soft skills :
• Disciplined self-starter, able to multi-task, work independently with strong attention to detail and accountability for own work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate technical accounting issues to less qualified staff or non-finance staff
• Impeccable personal integrity; confidence in representing the Finance team within EA
• Proactive and confident in identifying problems and solutions; tenacity and attention to detail, valuable attributes.
• Assertive in resolving issues, but positive and constructive at all times;
• Ability to manage change positively – comfortable with multiple daily responsibilities and with managing change where required.
• Systematic and control-focused approach to quality of own work and that of others;
• Thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
• Team player, adept at building relationships with partners across different functional areas
• Understanding and appetite around the Video Games business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qepv-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.