About the organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
Rendering Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. They are working with designers, artists, and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds, and state-of-the-art graphical FX. You will participate in both internal and external graphics conferences to both gain and share knowledge.
• Develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
• Research and implement rendering techniques.
• Create reusable and flexible rendering technologies.
• Write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintains, implements, tests and debugs code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
• Profiles and optimizes rendering modules of a game engine.
• Stay up to date with the latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
• You will report to the engineering team's manager and work with your peers to render specific tasks.
• 3+ years' experience with C++ development.
• Experience developing graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
• Math skills including trigonometry, calculus, and linear algebra.
• Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, and tool development.
• 1+ years of experience with Direct 3D, OpenGL or equivalent.
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Test and debug other engineer's code.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience shipping at least one title on PC or Console.
• Expertise in several of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
• Working knowledge of DX11 is a significant plus.
US Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
Base Salary Ranges:
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $106,900 - $158,600
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): $94,450 - $158,600
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $94,450 - $133,100
• Jersey City, NJ : $94,450 - $158,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): $94,450 - $159,250
• Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpwyz4-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.