Rendering Software Engineer - C++
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
• Work with design and art to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
• Achieve creative, tested, and high-quality technical implementations that meet design and art requirements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
• Look for ways to increase team efficiency, especially artists, through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
• Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate knowledge in the following rendering areas: lighting, shadows, mesh processing, low-level graphics API, GPGPU, animation/deformation, particles/VFX, or shader experience
• Experience with the 3D scene construction, graphics pipeline, and graphics debugging
• 3D math skills, especially linear algebra
• Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers
• Demonstrate debugging skills
• Experience with parallel programming, resource management, and GPU considerations
• Understanding of scripting languages (Python, Lua) Or C#
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools
• Experience with a few of the following art related tools: Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, Or ZBrush
• Experience in embedded systems, especially console development
• Relational database proficiency
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y111-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.