The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing modern game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while improving on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
Reporting to the Development Director, you are an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design and implementation of rendering technology on multiple platforms. They are working with designers, artists and other engineers to build complex graphics features – life-like visuals, huge and immersive worlds and state-of-the-art graphical FX.
• You will develop core rendering features, engine components and tools.
• You will create reusable & flexible rendering technologies.
• You will write technical design specifications.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages.
• Profile and optimize rendering modules of a game engine.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest hardware & software changes enhancing the rendering domain.
• 5+ years of experience with C++ development. 3+ years of experience with Direct 3D, OpenGL or equivalent.
• Formal background in rendering with experience that may include shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
• You have experience developing graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
• Math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Experience in several of these fields: vertex and pixel shaders including HLSL and FX; terrain or environment rendering; advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32e49-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.