Senior Program Manager - Release Train Engineer
Remote / Virtual
As a Quality Engineering Architect (QEA), you will work with large-scale online software systems, performing architecture assessments, creating system test strategies and test plans, reviewing test results, and eventually providing a comprehensive risk assessment for game launches, supporting the tuning and optimization processes. You will understand the full end-to-end system by working directly with the game development and server teams. The gaming systems include multiple platforms, shared services, and custom game services. These work with title-agnostic, cross-platform networks tailored to consoles, PC and mobile platforms. This large-scale, always-on services power EA's games which are experienced by tens of millions of monthly active players. You will do architecture evaluation of server-side components that brings new functionality to the platform, and work on improvements to the systems to keep them at top-notch performance.
Reporting to a Technical Director, your primary responsibility will be to lead the end-to-end software architecture assessment, test strategy and test plan for all of our games. You will evaluate the game launch risks concerning stability, scalability, and performance of the back-end systems. You will have direct contact with the game team and other partners. You will get the chance to influence the game from early design through to release. You will create new features and tools aiming to support EA's digital business, and automate legacy processes to design better solutions to challenging problems.
• Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Science or similar technical field or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years experience coding (at least one of C++/C#/Java/Python) and software architecture design experience
• 3+ years experience working with distributed systems (App servers, DB, LB, and AWS/GCP/other cloud hosted solutions)
• You have experience with micro-service based architecture, with regards to large-scale, performant and high throughput systems
• You are a solution-oriented individual
• You are experienced with tools development, automation and performance analysis
• You have first-hand experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements specification, architecture, technical design, testing, product release, and live operations
• Team leadership and mentoring experience
• Love of games and experience working within the gaming industry
• Experience working with distributed teams across the globe
• Experience with monitoring tools (Grafana/Datadog) in the analysis of system faults
• Experience with performance and load testing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx3j2-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.