Location: Sacramento – Open to remote work from most US locations
Term: 12 months
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
The Challenge Ahead
Quality Designers at Capital Games are deeply embedded in the development and are responsible for testing, documenting, and analyzing the game during production.
This is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. As a Quality Designer, you will be a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players' expectations. You will become an expert in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' Battle system and will test and coordinating testing activities related to characters and ships.
You will report into a Development Director on the team.
You will have an in-depth understanding of the technical structure of games, how to apply new testing methodologies and be able to speak to what tools will be the most effective. You will have proficient understanding of QA processes and best practices, while sharing the importance of these with development partners.
Good English language skills (written and verbal) are necessary to communicate with the team and promote knowledge sharing both internally and outside the studio.
Above all, Designers must be avid game players. You will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It's important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
• 3+ years previous QA experience, with at least 1 year of QA support in embedded environments
• Experienced with development collaboration tools
• Understanding of the technical structure of games and their engines
• Knowledgeable on white/gray/black-box testing practices
• Proficient observational skills
• High level of proactiveness
• You can immediately recognize issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership.
• Knowledge of testing/planning tools
• Experience with Unity Game Engine or similar software
• Experience with Jira or other defect tracking software
• Experience working with offsite teams
• Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
• Familiarity with mobile game products, especially those in the CCG genre like Hearthstone, Summoner's War, and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8pn2-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.