Quality Designer (The Sims)
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
Are you interested in joining Maxis, and in being part of an established & experienced team? We are hiring a Quality Designer for Sims 4! This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and work on one of the most storied franchises in gaming history.
Quality Designers are individual contributors specialized in domains of the QV process (Quality Verification). You will embed within the Development organization, improving QV practices across the team, sharing knowledge, and owning an important piece of or the entire test plan.
Quality Designer collects, analyze and use data to guide their daily decisions. Essential items to focus on include: balance and tuning, features and systems, customer data, processes and workflows, the proper selection of metrics to use, and how to analyze/combine data.
• Your primary responsibility is end-to-end ownership of feature quality strategy.
• You will partner with senior development, production, design, and QV team members to ensure that we create high-quality features from both a functional and qualitative perspective.
• You will guide feature quality by analyzing internal development & live player data, feature completing testing strategies, and conducting design reviews.
• You can expect to partner with production to continuously improve feature quality through establishing feedback processes and explaining applicable suggestions on how the features could be improved for our players.
• You will be an important advocate for our 'Player First' strategy, and that advocacy will inform decisions you make every day.
• You value understanding the end-to-end customer experience and can translate that into test strategies for a product or a feature.
• You will be a mentor to local and remote test teams to help them find solutions to complex problems and grow their capabilities as feature owners and testers.
• You will provide valuable input to the management team as you help set goals for the team and your QV peers.
• You will identify risks to the feature and overall project as early as possible, partnering with the development and other partner teams to help determine mitigation strategies.
• You have an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics, can use them when doing research and providing feedback priority.
• You can propose and enact solutions to development process problems.
• You can concisely report progress, current status, and risks to your features through regular email or face-to-face communication with peers, managers, and partners across the organization.
• You will work directly with QV Engineering and Data Analyst team members to provide a comprehensive picture of your feature's testing status and development progress, considering both automation and data visualizations.
• You will partner with engineers to apply automation and tools to improve the QA process, and are testing ROI to stakeholders.
• Once you develop an understanding of the game's features and systems, you can establish telemetry to provide valuable insights to the testing and development teams.
• You are comfortable sharing domain knowledge within the team; you find anything within EA that may aid in your job execution.
• You provide task breakdowns, planning, dependencies, and time estimates for your assignments.
• You can break down a design document and produce an organized and easily maintainable test strategy that can be understood and run with remote partners.
• You have experience with all phases of game development from concept to live support across multiple titles
• You have experience developing on multiple platforms, including PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox. The mobile experience is highly desired for this role.
• In-depth knowledge of AAA software/game development best practices, including experience working with both agile and waterfall methodologies
• Your experience and technical ability to author scripts and debug gameplay logic using proprietary or commercial game engines
• You hold experience compiling data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and summary to senior team members
• Advanced ability to use industry-standard defect and task tracking tools, such as JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, and Hansoft
• Experience using game development tools to enhance white and gray-box testing strategies
• An understanding of industry-standard CI/CD pipelines, including familiarity with Perforce, Jenkins, and other build delivery tools
• Experience working with and defining requirements for engineers to develop automation solutions and other tools to enhance test strategies
• An ability to interpret and use data visualizations to provide applicable insights to development teams to reduce risk
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejx30-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.