The Challenge Ahead
QA Leads or Quality Designers as they are referred to internally are embedded within our development team. This position, specifically is for the Live Content QV team, which tests content releases at a rapid pace. The right Quality Designer candidate should be able to interpret designs and enforce confidence in testing processes. They are champions of best practice and new ideas in testing, playing a necessary role in driving our craft forward. They test, publish, document, and evolve procedures ensuring accurate execution and reporting of all testing activities.
This is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. A Quality Designer is a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players' expectations.
The Next Great Quality Designer Needs:
An in-depth understanding of the technical structure of games and how to apply new testing methodologies. You will need experience with QA processes and best practices, advocating the purpose of these methods to development partners.
Good English language skills are necessary to communicate with the team and improve knowledge sharing both internally and outside the studio.
What you will do:
• Primary QA owner of Live Content.
• Determine and maintain the test strategy for owned features/systems, ensuring accurate reporting of status and risk.
• Represent QA within the development team; be visible, vocal and integrated.
• Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team
• You will develop an intimate understanding of the systems and their associated requirements, maintaining them; share the details and updates with the wider QA team.
• Perform design testing reviews, ensuring the design is captured and identifying bugs and user improving concerns before they make it into software.
• Work with remote teams to ensure high-quality service delivery for your area(s) of ownership.
• You will lead the qualitative feedback process from a QA perspective, gathering feedback from the entire team and providing the dev team with applicable analysis of the results.
• You will improve the qualitative feedback across the team, advocating for best practices.
• Support studio wide playtest process, aligning aims and goals and ensuring capture of the feedback and bugs from all parties.
• Primary QA support for user experience feedback.
• Use development tools to guide issue identification upstream and promote defect prevention.
• Identify high value automation and telemetry requirements for features/systems in their ownership area.
• Interpret data from numerous sources to produce clear, relevant information, informing decisions to improve product quality and QV service delivery.
What you will have:
• A passion for quality and game design.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Previous game or software development QA experience; 3+ years experience.
• Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
• Knowledge of testing/planning tools
• SQL knowledge is a plus
• Strong understanding of microtransactions and gaming economy is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk328-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.