Quality Analyst (contract)
*Please note that this is not a permanent
The QA Analyst is a technical test expert that applies white box, grey box and black box testing techniques to define a testing approach that will help prevent and/or identify, isolate and report issues as early as possible. This requires an analytical approach that seeks to understand system designs, defining and executing an effective test strategy that both ensure functionality and challenges the system. As a QA Analyst, you look at a game as not only a player experience but as complex interactions between Software & Hardware (ex: I/O systems, wireless communications, client/server architecture, external services, and databases).
• Identify, isolate, regress, and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently. Focus on high complexity, hard to isolate, and potentially high impact bugs.
• Working embedded with development teams to ensure the quality of code deliverables within the Agile Development process
• Develops an in-depth understanding of systems/area under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
• Develop, maintain and execute a test strategy, checklists, and tests for their areas of ownership
• Driving a 'test early' methodology within the Development team
• Provide Development Support as needed – Private Build Testing, System and Risk Analysis, Investigation and Isolation and Regressions
• Create, maintain and verify TFCs (Tests for Completion) for their ownerships
• Develop strong partnerships with Development Teams and QA Partners
• Develop expertise with in-house and 3rd party test tools (i.e. code coverage & load testing tools)
• Develop automated test scripts to improve testing effectiveness and efficiency for their areas of ownership
• Help improve Test and Development Processes (ex: championing a workgroup or test tool)
• Helps coach and mentor team members
• Quality Bugs – Well isolated, clear, and concise bugs
• Test Strategies/Plans and Checklists for areas of ownership that ensure a high level of software quality through preventions and early detection
• Status Reporting for their areas of ownership (Risk Analysis, RCA/CAPA, Defect Density, Performance)
• Experience with Test Automation and Test Tools
• Strong understanding of Software Development Tools
• Understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
• Fundamental Programming Knowledge (Asset)
• Knowledge of Agile (Scrum, XP, etc…) Development Processes (Asset)
• Passion for Games (Preferably mobile/social) (Asset)
• Experience with Mobile Games or Products (Asset)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn93z-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.