Quality Analyst - Contract
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Mission: We are on a journey to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Ethos: We value how ideas take shape - in a conversation, a prototype, a dream. Inspiration flows through our studio, homes, and minds. With one drop of inspiration, the idea begins to spread and the smallest idea quickly grows to something bigger than us. That's by design. As with our games, we are advancing the industry - one idea at a time. We are Ripple Effect.
• Community first
• Excellence through iteration
• Quality in our craft
• Bold risk taking
• Honesty & transparency
• Creative diversity
QA Analysts at Ripple Effect Studios are embedded in development and will test, document, and analyze the game during production.
The Analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. An Analyst is a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players expectations.
The Next Great Ripple Effect Studios Analyst Needs
As a Contract Quality Analyst you will report directly to our Development Manager. You will work with Developers to verify content both with editors and within game. You will guide Defect Containment processes and help ensure that QA and Development are aligned in delivering.
Good language skills are necessary to document features and communicate them with colleagues. Above all, Analysts must be avid games players. You will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It's important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
As a part of Ripple Effect Studios you will need a collaborative mindset working with both our local studio and other teams around the globe. You will promote knowledge sharing both internally and outside of the studio.
• Understanding of development pipelines.
• Understanding of where QA fits within the development space.
• High level of pro-activeness is required.
• Familiarity with Development Tools such as Perforce, Visual Studio, and Engine Tools.
• Experience in games development or software testing.
• 2+ Years experience.
• Relevant Degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of testing/planning tools
• Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
• Good knowledge of gaming consoles and software: strong interest in video games or software testing
• Knowledge in one of these areas (Art, Design, Engineering, or Production).
• Familiarity with modding.
• Experience working in first person shooter titles.
We thought you might also want to know about our studio:
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn5qx-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.