We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
The Presentation Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the domain of user/game engine interaction. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
• Write technical design specifications
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code
• Write C++ code to support GUI object behaviors, animations, cameras and transitions
• Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines
• Implement and maintain tools to support content creators
• Debug and troubleshoot crash dump, memory issues.
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Proficiency with C++ (Visual C++ or C# recommended)
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
• Math skills, including trig, calculus and linear algebra
Nice to have:
• Experience shipping a console (i.e. PS4 or XB1) product
• Experience in designing usable, consumer-oriented user interfaces
• Basic 2D & 3D rendering
• You have expertise in several these fields: human computer interaction, human-centered design, techniques for optimizing code, memory and load time
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33obn-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.